WordPress plugin for encoding on StreamComposer
WordPress plugin: Encode your videos directly from the CMS
We have heard the wishes for editors to be able to add videos for encoding directly from their CMS.
Many of the editors even have no idea of:
- What encoding is.
- Why it is important.
- That their company even have an encoding service.
For these editors it is a burden having to log into a system that they do not know, in order to encode/add the video just to have it embedded.
To help the editors we have at StreamComposer, developed a plugin for WordPress.
With just a few clicks you can now encode videos directly from the administration interface of WordPress.
There is no longer any need for switching between your videohosting and CMS to encode and embed videos.
Configuring the WordPress plugin
- Grab your API key from StreamComposer
- Paste it into WordPress
Adding files for encoding
Adding files for encoding is as easy as adding an image to an page in WordPress.
It requires no technical skills nor does it require a lot of steps.
- Upload the video and give it a title
- You can now follow the encoding progress of you click on the menuitem Encoding status
The encoding status will list all the videos that are currently being encoded at StreamComposer.
Accessing and previewing videos on StreamComposer
All videos at StreamComposer can be accessed directly from within WordPress administration tool. Just select the menuitem Videolist under StreamComposer:
This will display a list of all your videos, show a play button for previewing the video and, from here you can also select the url for the video you want to embed.
Embedding videos into a page is really easy, just follow these few steps:
- Copy the URL for the video you want to embed by selecting the url in the video list, as shown above.
- Navigate to the page and the location on the page where you want to embed the video.
- Click on the StreamComposer button in the toolbar of the editor
- A dialog appears and you paste in the URL you just copied.
Now you can customize width, height and alignment if you want to.
- Press OK and the video is now embedded to your page.